In the past I have been a very emotional person and I have acted on those emotions. That is not the best time to react to something, in the mist of emotion. That is something that my parents have been trying to teach me for years. My dad has always told me, "People do things for a reaction, don't give them a reaction." For some reason the person who actually embedded that in my head is my friend Justin Myles. I would be soooo angry with steam coming from my ears and Justin would simply say, "Relax" which would simply piss me off. But after a while I started hearing him, then I started listening, and THEN I started learning. Something that I have always known is that no matter what is going on in the moment it will always be okay. But I have never dealt with the moment too well. Justin taught me how to deal with that moment. To just RELAX and let the moment pass. That is so important because at this point in my life I notice myself handling moments of chaos more calmly and living through the moment without stress. I laugh every time I realize how I handled a situation extremely differently than I had done in the past. If it is one thing I've learned this year that I know will carry me through life it is to simply RELAX. Thanks Justin. =)


No comments:
Post a Comment