Friday, March 21, 2014

Im Human


I am not a perfect person, Im flawed, Im Human.
Ive been hurt, burned, trashed, and Ive Survived.
Survived not healed, Im Human.
I do not trust,
I do not open up and if I do,
Im likely to push away in due time, Im Human.
I have fears and worries,
Im afraid of feeling again,
the previous pains of my life,
I worry that I am getting too close,
These fears and worries cause me to rethink,
And pull back from those I have become close with, Im Human.
I can be a bitch and I can bitch and nag,
On the other side of the leaf,
I can be your best friend,
The sweetest person you have ever met, Im Human.
I do not know what I want,
But I know what makes me happy,
I know what makes me unhappy,
And I know what I do not want,
I will let you know these things, I am Human.
And I am damaged,
If you want to be here you need to understand my baggage,
I've been lied to, hurt, and torn down,
Im building back up but I remember the past, I am Human.
You need to let me know that you want to be here,
Because when it comes to the "Benefit of Doubt",
My bank is completely withdrawn, Im Human.
I doubt my choice to let people in,
Show me that this is your choice to be here,
And that I cannot make the decision for you, I am Human.
When you run ice cold water on your hand,
it starts out painful,
and becomes numb,
After everything I have endured,
I've become numb,
I am aware that the pain and feeling is there,
But I do not feel it, I am Human.
I stress out about my family,
take it or leave it, Im Human.
I am trying to heal the wounds of the past,
With the help of God,
I will accomplish my goals, Im ONLY Human.
Either your all in, or walk away, for I understand that YOU ARE HUMAN.



No comments:

Post a Comment